The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. David Schneider

What fuji lens should I buy for GFX50R ?

What, exactly, are you wondering about the rest of the Fuji GF line-up?
  2. David Schneider

Fuji GFX 50S Not working with Minolta MD 85mm F2 Lens

How is your "Shoot Without Lens" set?
  3. David Schneider

FS: Hasselblad HC Lenses: 35, 100, 150, 210

These lenses were all serviced, cleaned, lubricated and inspected and by Hasselblad USA in Union, New Jersey this week. The cost to me was well over $800 including tax so they are ready to go and there are no doubts about them needing anything or have fungus. These lenses are at Hasselblad...
  4. David Schneider

Any "How To" books for GFX 50R?

Dave, Just today I was looking around for a "how to" for the GFX50R. Watched a lot of YouTube videos that didn't help me. I have Rico Pfistringer's "Fuji X Secrets" and it is helpful and recommended. It comes hard cover and/or eBook. I'm still tinkering with the placement of the Fn...
  5. David Schneider

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Took my new Fuji GF 100-200mm and GFX50R into my studio to test it out. Only "model" I had available was my rescue Collie/Aussie mix. He wanted me to brush him first, but I told him it was just a test, not his passport photo or his business headshot. He was ok with that. I had shutter...
  6. David Schneider

Size of Fuji GF100-200 vs Canon 70-200 vs Fuji XF50-140

I received my Fujifilm GFX50R and GF100-200mm yesterday. For those interested in the size of the GF100-200, here's a comparison with the Canon 5Dmk3 and 70-200 f2.8, the Fuji GFX50R and GF100-200 and the Fuji XT2 and 50-140.
  7. David Schneider

Fuji GFX100 DPReview

Reading the comments about the Mamiya 7ii got me thinking about a comparison of GFX50R and GFX100S. To me the GFX50R is to the Mamiya 7ii the way the GFX100S is to the Fuji GX690II. (OK, that is an oversimplification.) I would think it's hard to put more and different features into the same...
  8. David Schneider

"small" medium format choices - Leica vs Hasselblad vs Fuji

On the Fuji GFX side, OP forgot to mention the ease of use of other brand lenses with an adapter. Also, GFX has the 32-64 and soon to be released 100-200mm and a prices for zoom lenses are quite reasonable.
  9. David Schneider

Opinion on mf or Nikon z6 system

Life is too short to use cameras you aren't happy with. If you enjoy the Wow factor of looking at medium format files, go with the Fuji GFX50r. It is roughly the size of a dslr and the soon to be released GF 100-200 f5.6 weighs less than a FF 70-200 f2.8 from Canon or Nikon. The GF32-64...
  10. David Schneider

Fuji f/5.6 100-200mm Zoom available first quarter 2019?

With the price and specs released, Fuji has done a nice job trying to make as many potential users happy as possible. Those who would use this lens in-studio should be fine with the f5.6 because dof below that is so shallow it is easy to have one eye in focus and the other out when not...
  11. David Schneider

New Jersey Hasselblad H Users?

I need a favor from a New Jersey (USA) Hasselblad H owner. I sold my H3D2-39 and forgot to check the shutter activations on my four HC lenses that I want to sell now. If anyone is nearby and could check the shutter activations with me, I'd appreciate it. I'm in central NJ so can easily go...
  12. David Schneider

I kind of pre-pre ordered it. lol. I purchased my GFX50R through member/dealer PedroL and asked him to order the 100-200mm as soon as available. I enjoy dealing with him more than the larger, well know national vendors.
  13. David Schneider

For me, as primarily a portrait studio photographer, this replaces my HC 100, 150 and 210mm. My studio sessions are generally short and timed so this will allow me to stay with one lens probably 90+% of the time. In the studio I am most often in the f5.6-11 range anyway so the 100-200 will be...
  14. David Schneider

Sandqvist Backpack

As I'm adding a Fuji GFX50s and a couple of lenses to my XT2 gear, I need a new bag. I'm looking closely at the Mindshift Moose Peterson bags. I like not having to open the whole bag to get at what I need. I have to see it live and in person first. There are videos on the Mindshift site...
  15. David Schneider

Hasselblad HC to Fuji GFX Adaper

Yes. B&H had two last week. I was thinking the same thing. I want to give the GFX50R a good studio test, but I don't have to do that until March so I can wait. I might be taking the GFX50R to Faroe Islands in April and expect to use the 32-64 and 23mm mostly so no problem if the 100-200...
  16. David Schneider

That makes perfect sense. I forgot about the lens being electronically controlled. (If interested in a HC 35mm with less than 800 activations on it, PM me or [email protected]. )
  17. David Schneider

I am having trouble finding an adapter for Hasselblad HC lenses to GFX50. I see the Fuji smart adapter, the H Mount Adapter G, but looking for something less expensive since it will probably only be used until the 100-200mm is available. Once the 100-200 is out I have four HC lenses to sell and...
  18. David Schneider

GFX 50R viewfinder set up questions

I'm guessing it might be quicker to just hit the Q button to see most, if not all, of those settings instead of cycling through them if you didn't want them showing in the viewfinder. The Q menu is fairly customizable so you might be able to have everything there if you like.