The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. David Schneider

FS: Hasselblad HC Lenses: 35, 100, 150, 210

These lenses were all serviced, cleaned, lubricated and inspected and by Hasselblad USA in Union, New Jersey this week. The cost to me was well over $800 including tax so they are ready to go and there are no doubts about them needing anything or have fungus. These lenses are at Hasselblad...
  2. David Schneider

Size of Fuji GF100-200 vs Canon 70-200 vs Fuji XF50-140

I received my Fujifilm GFX50R and GF100-200mm yesterday. For those interested in the size of the GF100-200, here's a comparison with the Canon 5Dmk3 and 70-200 f2.8, the Fuji GFX50R and GF100-200 and the Fuji XT2 and 50-140.
  3. David Schneider

New Jersey Hasselblad H Users?

I need a favor from a New Jersey (USA) Hasselblad H owner. I sold my H3D2-39 and forgot to check the shutter activations on my four HC lenses that I want to sell now. If anyone is nearby and could check the shutter activations with me, I'd appreciate it. I'm in central NJ so can easily go...
  4. David Schneider

Hasselblad HC to Fuji GFX Adaper

I am having trouble finding an adapter for Hasselblad HC lenses to GFX50. I see the Fuji smart adapter, the H Mount Adapter G, but looking for something less expensive since it will probably only be used until the 100-200mm is available. Once the 100-200 is out I have four HC lenses to sell and...
  5. David Schneider

Accidental Test of Fuji GFX50R

I went to the PhotoPlus Expo in New York City with the idea of handling the GFX50R. But when I got there I found that Fuji was loaning out medium format GFX50R cameras for the day and I got one! And I could keep the 16GB sd card they supplied! Since I've used Fuji X cameras since 2012 and use...
  6. David Schneider

Ball Head Lub/Cleaning?

My studio ball head isn't quite as smooth as it was when new. What do you use to lubricate or clean your ball head? I saw on the Markins site they say use a couple of drops of WD40. Anyone try that?
  7. David Schneider

Camera for Dogs Operated by Heart Monitor!!!

My dog, Yuki, grew up in my studio and still comes to "work" during the slower times of the year. He's high energy. I'm sure if he had this heart monitor camera, he'd fill up a 256GB card in a day since there's another dog and three cats at home. But I'd sure like to see what he sees...
  8. David Schneider

5Dmk3 Won't "Continuous" File Number

Canon 5Dmk3: After the camera reached 9,999 activations, it would no longer number the files Continuous. Every time a new CF card goes in, it starts numbering at 0001. I have tried to Reset Manually and Reset Automatically and then set it back to Continuous file numbering, but it still won't...
  9. David Schneider

Anyone Been to Cuba Recently??

Thinking about a trip to Cuba in the next couple of months before all the old cars are sold off and the country gets flooded with Toyota's and Hyundai's. Any suggestions, comments, must photograph places? Anyone been there recently?
  10. David Schneider

Fuji Firmware updates for several models-Dec. 18, 2014

I know there's a thread about the XT1 firmware update, but don't forget there are firmware updates for the XE1, XE2 and even XPro1 as well. Very nice that Fuji has improved cameras that were purchased 3 years and longer ago. Digital Camera Firmware : Interchangeable Camera Body / Lens |...
  11. David Schneider

Studio Ball Head Recommendations Needed

Looking for a new ball head for my studio. Must go easily from horizontal to vertical and be creep free. Selling my Hassie H3D2-39 and lenses so heaviest camera will be Canon 5Dmk3 and 70-200 and Pocket Wizard. My Gitzo off -center ball head is starting to go. It's the third one I've gone...
  12. David Schneider

Body Cap Won't Come Off!!

The body cap on my Hasselblad H3d2-39 won't come off. I sure don't want to apply a crazy amount of pressure to it or hit it with a hammer. Never had this happen before. I'm looking for some suggestions on getting it off safely. If no ideas work I guess I'll bring it over to Hasselblad service...
  13. David Schneider

Capture One Pro 7 vs. Capture One Express 7

Capture One Pro 7 vs. Capture One Express 7 I am just looking to convert raw images, especially from the Fuji XE1 but also from Canon. The rest of my portrait workflow goes through Photoshop so I'm not looking for a lot of bells and whistles. Is there a difference in converting...
  14. David Schneider

Litepanel Wins LED Patent Case

Litepanels Win LED Patent Case I would guess LED lighting gear will go up in price plus development of new lights might be greatly slowed.
  15. David Schneider

Hasselblad Falls into the Sea

Sorry if this was posted before. I just saw it today. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200704169394800 Keep thinking this guy is almost lucky he still uses film. If that was a digital Hasselblad, there would have been a storm surge of tears.
  16. David Schneider

Need 7'x5' Gallery Wrap: Where?

I've had two large prints (6'x5' and 7.5'x5') done for a client and he wants a new 7'x5' three inch gallery wrap. Seems the place who printed for me no longer is in business. Any suggestions on a lab or who can produce a 7'x5' canvas or fabric gallery wrap?
  17. David Schneider

XPro-1/X-E1: Longer Lens

Leaving on an Eastern Europe trip end of March or early April and would like to bring along a longer lens than the 18-55mm. I know the 55-200mm is due out sometime in first half of 2013, but in the meantime, what are recommendations/alternatives. Looking for something in the 135-200mm range...
  18. David Schneider

Travel & Backing-Up Images

I'm working on a trip to Poland, Czech Republic, Germany and France with a couple of days in Iceland. Have to travel very light (to leave room for my wife's stuff). What are various ways to back-up files while on the road with minimum of gear to bring along?
  19. David Schneider

Monitors: Asus PA246Q vs PA248Q

Looking for an under $500 23/24" monitor. Think I have my search down to Asus PA246Q or the newer PA248Q. If you have any experience with either of these two monitors, or any other monitors in this price range, I'd like to hear about it.
  20. David Schneider

Best CF Card Recovery Software?

For maybe 7-8 years I've been using PhotoRescue when I've had to recover images from a cf card. This time it isn't able to recover the images so I'm looking for software suggestions. I think my assistant hit the card reader while she was accessing the files as there were three sessions on the...