The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. V

This is your chance - crazy deal

You know you want it :) hasselblad stellar camera | B&H Photo Video
  2. V

Question about A7/r/s

Hi, I am currently shooting Canon 5D II with various L lenses. I'm considering switching to a mirrorless system and these cameras appeal to me because of their FF chip. I have a few questions that I hope to get some answers to. I photograph mainly weddings and other events. I'm in NE. That...
  3. V

The D800 has competition - resolution is not the king anymore in MF

46.1 MP Canon EOS-3D X to be announced before PhotoPlus ? | Camera News at Cameraegg It looks like the pixel wars are not over (also 16 bit). Interesting.
  4. V

Photoshoot - First time with a P40+

Hi, After lurking for a while, I rented a digital back for a photoshoot. I want to thank Lance from Digital Transitions. He made the rental process extremely easy (you could say it was white glove treatment since he brought me the back from NY to Philly). I'm used to using a lot of video...
  5. V

Capture One Pro question

Hi, I used to use C1 extensively until they changed the interface with v4. I just installed v6 to see how it looks and give it another try. I remember with v3.xx you could specify where to have the preview and work files (I like to keep the work files along with the RAW files for easy back...
  6. V

How to get the most out of my scanner - Epson 750

Hi, The title says pretty much what I'm looking for. I am using it for scanning B&W film. I installed the Epson software and the Pro mode allows you some customization. Here are a few questions that come to mind after little use: 1. People talk about multiple passes scanning. I didn't see...
  7. V

Chemical question

Hi, I am just starting doing film development (B&W). I ordered Ilford fixer http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=ILRFL&N=0&InitialSearch=yes It just arrived today and when I looked at the instructions for dilution and times, it only mentions paper development, not film. On B&H site, it...
  8. V

Error Code 04 - Mamiya AFD II

Today I was shooting and all of the sudden the shutter got stuck open. After a couple of seconds it closed (it sounded like when you are in bulb mode or really long exposures). Right away, the top display showed Err 04, advanced the film and the counter went from 15 to 1 (film back). Right...
  9. V

Deciding which digital back - how do you know?

Hi, The next step for me it's going to be to get a digital back for my new MF system. I got the Mamiya AFD II. I needed a system that works with both film and digital and this camera gave me the best value for the money while working within my parameters and style. I am mainly shooting people...
  10. V

Film and contrast

Hi, I never processed film so I am not familiar with all the ins and outs of the process. What I would like to know is, at what stage do you increase contrast: development of film or printing?
  11. V

Mamiya 645 AFD II and leaf shutter lenses

Hi, It's me again :). If you followed my other thread, you probably know that I decided to go with the Mamiya system. This is a focal plane camera (as you know), but there are LS lenses available for it. I've been scouting the internet to see if using these lenses will give you the high speed...
  12. V

Hasselblad system - need your advice

Hi, I posted this in the MF forum but it seems that it was the wrong place. You can click on this link if you want to see the picture: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19942 Basically, I am looking to introduce back some film in my work. Previously I used Bronica and I am...
  13. V

Hasselblad system - need your advice

Hi, While I've been lurking for a while, this is my first post. I'm an event photographer (mainly weddings) and for the past 7yrs I've been shooting 35mm digitally. I don't plan on changing that :), but I would like to do something different. My plan is to start shooting MF again, specifically...