The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Crop Factors on the A7RIV

I have gone back to using my A7RIV after concentrating on my XID. There is much to love with the Sony but I vary between wanting 3:2, 1x1 and 4:3. On the X1D I can select a crop factor BUT the imported RAW file is imported into Phocus with the crop but it is not permanent - I can adjust it...
  2. P

Image Review Problem with AR7iii

Just got the A7Riii and am playing around with it but have encountered a problem when using flash. I am using a speedlite in manual mode triggered from the camera. I also have the camera on Manual mode (and am shooting raw) and so to determine exposure I need to make a test shot and then...
  3. P

Switching Between LCD and EVF on A7iii

My A7ii is dying and I am considering an upgrade. The one feature of the A7ii which really annoys me is the inability to assign a custom button to switch between the LCD and the EVF. I understand that the A7RII has such a feature but not the A7ii. So the question is whether or not the A7III...
  4. P

A7Rii vs A7Riii vs A7iii- Any substantive difference?

My A7ii has died. I was, for the most part, extremely happy with it. The only real bugbear was the inability to configure a button to switch between EVF and LCD. Printing up to A2 size was no problem. But I did find some images fell apart quite quickly if pushed too hard in LR. I need to...
  5. P

Screen Protectors for X1D

This seems the most active forum for X1D users. So here is a question. Has anyone found a good screen protector for the X1D? The problem is the EVF which protrudes onto the screen. As far as I can tell it is impossible to remove the eyepiece which means that the usual rectangular protectors...
  6. P

FS: Sony FE 90mm f2.8 G Macro OSS

Never got around to using this - Just not my focal length. My LR Catalog has just 193 photos taken with it although there will have been a few test shots which I never put into the catalog - but certainly less than 250 exposures with it. As new with both caps, lens hood, Hoya UV filter...
  7. P

FS: UK - Hasselblad CFV-50c

I bought this in June last year 2 weeks before the X1D was announced – so there is still some 3 months on the original warranty. At present it has 1,719 exposures in total. As far as I can see it is indistinguishable from new – no marks, scuffs or scratches. It comes with everything that was...
  8. P

A7ii to A7Rii upgrade worthwhile?

I have been pretty happy with my A7ii but Ihave been thinking of upgrading to the A7Rii but I am wondering if it is really worth it. The major concern is that photographing in extreme lighting conditions - particularly in India with bright sunlight and shadows - there is relatively little...
  9. P

Cleaning a CFV-50c Sensor

Actually it is same sensor as the H5 and H6 50c. However I have been shocked by the huge amount of dust that it attracts from my 503cx. The back came with a small pack of e-wipes which I immediately lost. So I have been just blowing air from one of those rocket things at it, but have just...
  10. P

A7rII - Viewfinder/Monitor Switching

Ok this may seem hugely petty but the one thing that drives me to distraction with both the A7 and now the A7II is the inability to switch between the viewfinder and the LCD with a single button push. Shooting waist level with the viewfinder/monitor setting set to Auto is impossible since the...
  11. P

Hasselblad Lenses on A7x

Anyone have any experience of using Hasselblad lenses on an A7 - of whatever complexion? I have read somewhere that in general they do not perform well on smaller format digital. But I have the 120 Macro, the standard 80mm and a 150 lying around without any 35mm format equivalents. Are they...
  12. P

Total Immolation of an A7 - Pt2 - Now Nex7

Purely for amusement. Some of you were most kind to express concern and sympathy over a recent car explosion leading to the destruction of my A7 plus 55mm f1.8. Wandering around the site my wife found the remains of the camera. Let this be a salutary lesson to all of you - this is what...
  13. P

Total Immolation of an A7 - Now what?

Given the passion on this forum for the Sony A7 range, I thought I would ask for some advice. Extraordinarily my car blew up today. When I say blew up I really mean blew up. A nice, low mileage, Mercedes Estate. Driving along I saw a bit of white smoke in the rear mirror and thought -...
  14. P

Advice Needed for Adapters for A7

I have finally succumbed and bought an A7. I have ordered the Sony Zeiss 35mm and have a couple of M mount Voightlanders with a Novoflex adapter which work happily. However I am also considering buying some 2nd hand Nikon or Canon lenses for occasional use. Some of those are autofocus without...
  15. P

Storing Unused DPxM Cameras

My DP2M is looking a bit beat up and my DP3M has been returned for a repair. Given the price of these at moment I decided to buy new backups of both. DP3Ms seem in short supply at present and so that is on pre (or back) order with Clifton Cameras. Advice from a Hasselblad technician is to run...
  16. P

To Save As 16 Bit or to 8 bit Tiffs?

I have always saved 16 bit files out of SPP which I then process in Lightroom. Other cameras are supported by LR so I just process the Raw files. However I don't do much in LR - a bit of white balance, very minor curves adjustments, some shadows adjustments and highlights perhaps, possibly...
  17. P

Processing DPxM files

This may be of interest to some here. I found a link to a site run by Martin Zimelka (www.martinzimelka.com) which has an interesting review of the DP2M. He also has an interesting procedure for processing in SPP which never occurred to me before. I have often been frustrated by images that...
  18. P

Flash and the DPxMs

I am planning on a series using the Dp2 and DP3Ms with 2, possibly 3 flashes - off camera and through umbrellas. This is not my usual way of working and flash is not a strong point. I have an SB800 for a Nikon which works off the hotshoe of my DP2M in manual mode - although from memory there...
  19. P

DP2M - Up-rezzing in SPP for A2 prints

Anyone got any experience of exporting tiffs from SPP as double size in order to print at A2 size? I suppose it shows how little attention I have paid to SPP, but I have only just noticed that one of the options is to save the files at double size. I am planning on trying a number of A2 prints...
  20. P

Dp2M/SPP and White Balance

Following all the comments on this and other sites I have broken the habit of a lifetime and ordered a DP2M without having actually tried one myself before hand. I have downloaded SPP in anticipation and note that the white balance settings are restricted to pre-set drop down values. As far as...