The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. F

77mm Xume magnetic filter rings

I need some 77mm Xume magnetic filter rings
  2. F

WTB Hasselblad CF Adapter

I need a Hasselblad CF Adapter that will permit me to use CF Lenses from my V System on my H System.
  3. F

Fuji GFX Zoom Lenses IR Performance

My IR testing of my full spectrum GFX50S with the Fuji 45-100mm Zoom shows that 680nm and 720nm filters are usable for all apertures up to f/16 over the entire Zoom Range. The 760nm filter is usable for all apertures up to f/16 over a zoom range of 45 to 80mm but there is a mild center hot spot...
  4. F

Arca-Swiss Monoball p0 Hybrid Ball Head with RRS Lever Clamp

After a year of fighting the Arca Clamp which was factory mounted on top of my Arca-Swiss Monoball p0 Hybrid Ball Head, I have discovered a simple means of replacing it with a Really Right Stuff Lever Clamp. I was unaware of the RRS miniature version (Model B2-40-LR - $105) of their classic...
  5. F

IR Conversions for the X1D?

Is anyone aware of X1D Cameras that have been converted to IR? There are a number of Fuji GFX 50S Cameras that have been successfully IR converted here in the US so it appears that the Sony 50 MP Chip is IR friendly. Currently one of the popular conversions is based on the clear "full spectrum"...
  6. F

Techart TCX-01 EOS Adapter for X1D

I use the Canon 17mm, 24mm-II and 50mm EOS TS-E tilt shift manual focus lenses on my X1D. Electronic aperture control of the Canon EOS Lenses requires the use of a smart adapter. My very preliminary testing shows that the Techart TCX-01 Smart Adapter seems to provide reliable aperture control...
  7. F

Fuji f/5.6 100-200mm Zoom available first quarter 2019?

Fuji Rumors announced that the new Fuji f/5.6 100-200mm Zoom will be released in First Quarter 2019 but no price. Any guesses for price? Here is link: https://www.fujirumors.com/fujinon-gf100-200mm-f5-6-first
  8. F

Hasselblad SWC re-invented

During my days of film shooting, I was intrigued with the magical view of my SWC. The fixed mount 38mm full frame square format camera had an amazing 72 degree angular view in both the vertical and horizontal directions and it was truly a super wide camera! Unfortunately when I tried to convert...
  9. F

Leica Tri-Elmar on X1D

In my preliminary testing of wide angle M mount lenses, the Leica Tri-Elmar works seems to work on the X1D at the 21mm setting but is not useful at the 16 and 18mm settings. Unless you already have the Tri-Elmar, there is no cost savings because it sells for a lot more than the new 21mm X1D.
  10. F

Hasselblad Phocus Mobile for remote X1D Shutter release?

I enjoy working with HDR exposure bracketing and the recent X1D firmware addition of auto bracketing is a welcome feature. Unfortunately the firmware also removed the ability to use the self timer function in conjunction with auto bracketing. The removal of the self timer function probably was...
  11. F

WTB Color Burst X-Photo fir Epson 3880 Printer

I am looking to buy the Color Burst RIP Package for the Epson 3880 that was available through Epson many years ago. Hope somebody has one to sell.
  12. F

Want to buy Epson 3880 Printer.

I am looking for an Epson 3880 Printer in good operating condition for local pickup in San Francisco Area. Printer must have perfect nozzle check pattern. Please advise age and usage history of printer. Please leave private message. Thanks Phil Lindsay
  13. F

Better Light Scanning Cameras

I have re-posted a brief note from Larry Geyer regarding the recent passing of Mike Collette, the inventor of the Better Light Scanning Camera System. Those of us who worked with the Better Light System appreciate Mike's talents - he was a genius in digital imaging technology. "With great...
  14. F

Increased diopter correction for GFX EVF

The eyepiece on the Fuji GFX EVF can be adjusted to a -4 diopter value. Unfortunately my right eye requires a -6.5 correction. Rather than having to use my glasses when shooting, I added a -3 diopter lens so that I can properly adjust the GFX EVF to correct for my vision. Although most of the...
  15. F

Make My day with Hasselblad

In a recent Hasselblad Blog, German Photographer Arne Weychardt is quoted as follows: "I photographed Clint Eastwood with my Hasselblad and later photographed him while he was being interviewed, this time using a 35mm-style DSLR camera because I was working reportage-style. He stopped the...
  16. F

Raw Developer Support for DP2M Files

The newest version of RAW Developer is Iridient Developer V. 2 and it supports the DP2M Raw files
  17. F

Free “fotophil” photo eBooks from Blurb

Blurb, the publisher of my photo books, is offering free eBooks. The only catch is that they only work on an iPhone or iPad with the free Apple eBook application installed. I have published 17 books with subjects including the Southwest, rainforests of the Pacific Northwest, Death Valley and the...
  18. F

D800 Focus Screen

Rachael Katz has examined my D800E and says that the new screen design of the D800 is not compatible with the current KatzEye Products. If sufficient D800 users are interested she will run a development program. Those who are interested should let her know at [email protected]
  19. F

Photo Central Gallary Show

I attended the opening of a fantastic new show, ”Color and Magic of Nature” last Friday at the Photo Central Gallary in Hayward, CA. The Show runs from Jan 20 through March 8 and feautures the work of Charles Cramer, Joe Decker and Oliver Kling. The Photo Central Gallary is located at 1099 E...
  20. F

Focus Scale Interpolation

I found a simple program for calculating distances between marked values on on the focus scale. http://imaginatorium.org/stuff/focus.htm