The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

Digital Nikon FM2

I think Nikon were aiming more for an F3 feel than an FM/FE (which I fondly used back in the late eighties/early nineties). Unfortunately I think size wise the closest one will get to a full frame FM size is the new Sony, a camera that leaves me colder than cold to say the least.
  2. C

Digital Nikon FM2

Does anyone know what the viewfinder info is like? I'm assuming the same difficult to read (for me at least) LCD along the bottom as it has been since the F5. I wouldn't necessarily welcome a return to the match needle, but some sort of elegant hybrid solution would have been nice, though since...
  3. C

Not impressed by the A7/A7r

Imo one of the ugliest of the new crop of cameras. Never thought the Canon F1 was an appealing design myself.... (that's what it reminds me of).
  4. C

Monochrome tips

Well, beyond the cosmetic (I run my M's "bare"), I find the MM files are extremely robust on the bottom end. They need and can tolerate a lot of black point decreasing in LR. I find a good formula is to underexpose a bit, and then increase the shadow and decrease the black point by the same...
  5. C

Looking for Your Expertise

Pocket wizards. But be sure to get the right cord to attach the receiver unit to the flash.
  6. C

MM freezing

Try a faster card and newer battery. Write time is longer than the M9 as there is no compressed mode. No need to shoot discreet if you are firing off continuous shots. Almost 50,000 shots on my M9 and have never once used discreet. What's the point? The camera's going to make the wind on noise...
  7. C

FS LEICA 18MM M SUPER-ELMAR LNIB w/ LEICA 18/24 FINDER

LNIB Leica 18mm Super-Elmar with matching Leica 18mm finder. So pristine I'm not even going to photograph it. Three macroscopic pin points on the barrel for full disclosure, but you have to be really looking. All as if coming new with cases, boxes, caps, instructions, etc. Not a mark on the...
  8. C

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Hi Ashwin, Gorgeous stuff you've been shooting. Gonna have to pick your brains about these old lenses. At this point I think maybe you have too many and need to narrow it down! Early days with my MM still, and haven't really connected yet. But I'm sure I will, it's just that I always liked the...
  9. C

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Finally got a Monochrome. First shots are of my daughter Leica (how apropos). Amazing camera. Of course the rangefinder was out but managed to adjust it myself today. Everything about it feels tighter than my M9's. And it's quieter. Nice surprise. But yeah I can see I've got an uphill learning...
  10. C

M9

I've got nearly 43,000 on one of mine and still going strong.
  11. C

Monochrom Lens Preferences

Hey Inner, Thanks! I also had to sell my beautiful SWC, and a number of Leica lenses are going to have to come up on the chopping block. With two young kids I promised myself that from now on it's gear in/gear out. If you are waiting on an MM, I would recommend trying Europe, esp the various...
  12. C

Monochrom Lens Preferences

My Monochrom arrives today! Looking forward to using my 50mm pre-asph Lux which hasn't gotten much love on the M9. Think iit's creaminess wide open on the Mono should be nice. Also some f4 lenses like the 18mm super elmar and 90mm macro-elmar will be interesting to test at higher iso's in...
  13. C

Nikon 135mm DC

SOLD
  14. C

Nikon 135mm DC

Here it is, the lens you want! Mint Nikon 135mm DC Af-D with caps. Glass is mint, focus is smooth, blades clean. Some small bits of dust in the interior glass but that's par for just about every Nikon lens of this vintage and nothing out of the ordinary (but I like full disclosure). A couple of...
  15. C

Keep or sell M9 when new M arrives?

Hanging onto one of mine (it's got 42,000 actuations and starting to brass nicely) and selling the other to fund an MM. Probably get the next iteration of the M240 in a few years (or a used one in less) but for now my D600 does everything that it would do for me over an M9.
  16. C

SOLD: Gorgeous Hasselblad black SWC T* w/Voigtlander finder

Like the title says here is a near mint classic. It is an SWC (not M) with the T* lens and rare discontinued Voigtlander angle finder. Sorry, no original finder available though the Voigt one is much more usable imo. Other than a few tiny scratches here and there it is in fantastic shape as you...
  17. C

FS: Black Leica M9

I have a great condition Leica M9 for sale. I am the second owner, the first being another member here. Here is the original ad by Ed who I bought it from: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-wtb/28103-sold-leica-m9-black.html This body has been used as back up only and spent most of it's life...