The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. malmac

More with the Canon 135 t/s-e

Very nice shots. I did not know about the 135 TS lens. I guess why not but I guess I kept thinking wide TS lens. But you have certainly proved a point with your shots - there is certainly a place for this lns. Excellent work and can I assume you play this guitar? Mal
  2. malmac

FS: Phase One / Mamiya lenses: 55 LS, 80 LS, 210, 75-150 zoom

Hi Mark I am wondering if you would be prepared to ship the 55mm LS lens to Australia? Realise that this might not be what you are prepared to do - but as they say, no harm asking. Regards mal
  3. malmac

Dante-fied: IQ180 relationship with XF camera

I am running an IQ180 with the XF body. I was using it with a 645DF. Here are a few of the things I have noticed. 1. Some XF features only apply to later model backs IQ2 and IQ3. For example ISO control is only via the back not the camera. 2. Through the viewfinder camera control to me seems...
  4. malmac

Ming Thein Appointed as Chief of Strategy at Hasselblad

Australia is one country that could do with better service from the local importer. Many calls to them and they did not even have the courtesy to reply. I even went to their Brisbane HQ and asked the rep to call me - no response - Funny that we now own Phase One......... I like HB but...
  5. malmac

Hasselblad X1D vs. Fuji GFX - my experiences

I went onto your website - your photos are so inspiring - we are heading out bush soon and I will be looking for more than just a landscape shot - Your wildlife images, especially the two zebra couples necking, are very impressive. Mal
  6. malmac

XF Camera, Profoto Air Sync, non profoto strobes

Thanks Guys Yes it was the cable from the Air Sync to the strobe. My thinking was upside down - I was thinking "IN" signal coming from camera - "OUT" signal going from camera. But I guess I come from Downunder, so maybe not a surprise. Thanks again. Works like a treat now. Mal Australia
  7. malmac

XF Camera, Profoto Air Sync, non profoto strobes

I have an XF with an IQ180 back using a 55mm LS lens. The camera firmware version 3.04.3 The IQ180 firmware version 8.03.14 My set up is camera with built in Air Sync Swipe to profoto screen small circle to right of group A is selected (white dot) Manual highlighted Top screen on XF shows...
  8. malmac

XF with IQ180 back firmware upgrade question

Tashley Thank you very much, I would never have cracked that. I actually bought a secondhand XF camera to run with my IQ180. At present I cannot see me being able to buy even a secondhand 100Mp back - though I would like one. The only downsides to the 180 with the XF for me is that the iso...
  9. malmac

XF with IQ180 back firmware upgrade question

I am having a spot of bother upgrading the firmware on our XF. Process so far. Upgraded IQ180 back from 6.07.1 to 7.01.1 That went ahead without problems. Then I updated the XF from 3.00.41 to update 2 - 2.01.2 I know the numbers seem backwards don't get that. But it said can't update to...
  10. malmac

Behind the scenes

In far western Queensland where the trees thin out and the gibber plains start to exert their influence. My wife caught me at my task. It is not everyone's cup of tea - we like the open space. It is out here where waiting for some creative cloud to appear can be futile without a satellite...
  11. malmac

GFX suddenly taken off B&H website

Interesting camera - I think a bit like the approach taken by Pentax - a 50Mp sensor with lots of functions common to DSLRs. When either of these cameras come out with a 100+MP sensor and a decent range of lenses - the cat will be among the Pidegons. Mal
  12. malmac

H6D 100 v XF 100

Another difference which was important to us was; with the H system the back is integrated with the camera body - so if H bring out a H7 camera body then you have to buy a new back and new H7. where as with the P system, we have an older back with the newer camera body and theoretically if P...
  13. malmac

H6D 100 v XF 100

I have an XF with an IQ180 - so of course I miss out on a fair few functions which you get with the IQ3 series (check what functions work with the IQ 100 series - as opposed to the IQ3 100 backs). Adjusting ISO through the camera is not an option with the IQ1 series - it does show on the top...
  14. malmac

Where is the X1D ????

I don't have a dog in this fight - However just to remind folks about my experience with Phase One. We purchased a P65+ just prior to the release of the IQ series - year 2010 - Camera was delivered in April 2011 (P65+ arrives - IQ180 in about August from memory).. At the time we were looking...
  15. malmac

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Re: Sunset in Comacchio, Italy Vieri I have been trying my hand at watercolour, so I am looking at your image through fresh eyes. What a splendid photograph and also I am highly appreciative of the composition - in my opinion a beautiful image. Congratulations. mal
  16. malmac

Graham I was about to post a cute photo of my cat - but I will have to wait till the quality of the posts drop away a great deal otherwise puss will look a bit shabby. This is really code for, great shots. mal
  17. malmac

Phase One XF User Manual Update and new ES Video

Well without starting a new thread - a few early comments on using the IQ180 and the XF. Yes the camera is a very nice piece of kit - no argument there. What do I specifically like about the camera? Auto focus, better utilisation of the leaf shutter lenses without loosing functionality for...
  18. malmac

Our town is changing - the old buildings are maybe not all being demolished - but as huge constructions go into downtown the face of the town is changing. Here is my pictorial response. Mal Toowoomba Australia
  19. malmac

Congratulations on your first son. While growing up on TI might be a bit different to what it was in 1958 when I moved their as a child - it will be better than in a big city. Keep well. Mal
  20. malmac

Phase One XF Electronic Shutter

My wife has a Lumix with and electronic shutter which she uses all the time photographing birds - just no sound full stop. So great for her when she is in camouflage netting as the birds don't know she is there. Well the other day she needed to use on camera flash for a back lit bird on a nest...