The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. malmac

XF Camera, Profoto Air Sync, non profoto strobes

I have an XF with an IQ180 back using a 55mm LS lens. The camera firmware version 3.04.3 The IQ180 firmware version 8.03.14 My set up is camera with built in Air Sync Swipe to profoto screen small circle to right of group A is selected (white dot) Manual highlighted Top screen on XF shows...
  2. malmac

XF with IQ180 back firmware upgrade question

I am having a spot of bother upgrading the firmware on our XF. Process so far. Upgraded IQ180 back from 6.07.1 to 7.01.1 That went ahead without problems. Then I updated the XF from 3.00.41 to update 2 - 2.01.2 I know the numbers seem backwards don't get that. But it said can't update to...
  3. malmac

Running an IQ180 with the XF - what works, what doesnt?

I am currently using an IQ180 and a 645DF - keep thinking about scraping together the cash to buy an XF to run with the IQ180. I have looked through the latest manual for the XF and been able to determine that some functions will not work, for instance inability to change the ISO from the...
  4. malmac

FS Canon 400mm f2.8

I would like to find a home for my 400mm Canon lens - this is a super lens with a front element that is 6 inches across - so if you have not seen one it is a big sucker. The lens comes in it's special carry case and I am also including a substantial Manfrotto video head which makes shooting...
  5. malmac

home made filter holder for the new 11-24mm super wide

Here is a photo of my home made filter holder. Basic part was just a rubber plumbing fitting - cost was about $15. I then just cut it down a bit because it was too long. A thin sheet of aluminium was then screwed to the rubber fitting after a suitable hole was cut using a jig saw. I cut some...
  6. malmac

How well does the SK 47xl perform with the IQ180 back

I did a search and found an old tread which sort of deals with this but it was 2012. I thought I might ask for an update on the question of how well does the IQ180 play with the 47xl. Had a 35xl and was not happy with the extreme colour casts with that lens, so sold that. Don't want to repeat...
  7. malmac

Capture One - changes the colour when RAW images imported

We are having problems with the way Capture One deals with the import of RAW files and then changes the colour. Images come in, initially they look OK but almost immediately the colour is de saturated and the skin tones are slightly grey. The Canon 1D Mk4 files are the real problem - where as...
  8. malmac

85-250 Soligor lens for a Pentax spotmatic F to give away.

A friend of mine has tripped over some old camera gear that his wife used when she was alive and he wondered if someone wants to use it. He no longer has the camera but has the lens to give away if someone wants it. F4.5 Soligor 85-250mm lens with a screw fitting. PM me if you are interested...
  9. malmac

FS: SK 35XL on Cambo Mount with center filter

FS: SK 35XL on Cambo Mount with center filter Want to sell 35XL lens for Cambo in excellent condition. $3300 Australian Dollars (which includes $100 for package and postage - but no import tax if that applies or money transfer fees) I haven't taken a bunch of photos of it yet, just seeing if...
  10. malmac

Firmware updater for 645DF

Hi All Got an interesting email from Capture Integration a day or so ago about the new Firmware updater...
  11. malmac

Any users of the Canon SX50

I am considering the purchase of an SX50 has anyone bought one? If so would you be willing to share some RAW files using Dropbox - so I can appreciate the image quality at full resolution? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Mal
  12. malmac

Show us your studio - Please

Hi everyone who has their own studio. We are looking to build a small studio - 6 metres by 6 metres is all we can realistically fit into the space we have. I am really interested in what fellow members have learnt from having their own studio - Things like minimum ceiling heights, air...
  13. malmac

Phase One and TTL Flash

I have a Phase One Camera with an IQ back. Because MF requires a smaller aperture and lower ISO than DSLR adding light during a location portrait shoot is usually necessary. At present I am using either a Pocket Wizard TT5 as a sender unit and a Profoto AcuteB and one or more 580Ex2 flash...