The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. V

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

I also had an SWC that I purchased new in 1998 and rarely used. I shot it occasionally years ago with a P45 and the files were somewhat disappointing even at that resolution. Sold it with no regrets as there are better wide options these days. Victor B.
  2. V

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

But those electronic steps steal resolution! This seems to be the approach to smaller pixel dimensions in the future that will require wider apertures to eliminate the effects of diffraction but all at the cost of resolution. I, for one, would rather have slower lenses with less distortion at...
  3. V

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

I sure do like mine (y) Victor B.
  4. V

907x 100c display screen contrast and magenta cast.

I found your question interesting so having recently purchased a CFV 100C I tested it against my Fuji 100 II and my Sony 7RM5. There are color differences and some contrast differences but nothing I would consider out of the norm. When compared to an image brought into Bridge the image on the...
  5. V

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

When I had the 100s my constant complaint was the fuzziness of the EVF and the LCD screen when viewing at 100% pixels. For sure it is something to get used to. The 100 II solves all of that and, for me, is worth every penny for upgrading. There is no finer EVF in the industry that I know of...
  6. V

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

Paul...... I have given up with peaking on both my Fuji 100 II and CFV 100C as, to me, it degrades the fine detail that can be obtained by not using it. I much prefer 100% and slightly focusing near/far until I'm sure of the focus point. My success rate using that method is close to 100%...
  7. V

Fun with MF images 2024

It looks to me that the Pico is Neither have I but I have to admit I haven't really devoted the time necessary to get it to work. As I recall he does outline the steps. Curvature is an almost 'goodbye' for me for any lens. Victor B.
  8. V

Fun with MF images 2024

If I had to pick between the two poisons (Focus Shift and Curvature) I would much rather deal with focus shift as it is something I can control and get excellent results. Curvature has no control other than stopping way down to equalize the image and by that point diffraction has stolen a lot...
  9. V

Any Hasselblad users just use Phocus and nothing else?

Working on a Tif file processed in Phocus is very different than working on a raw file. Once the file is converted to a Tif processing becomes limited. It would be great if Phocus could process some of the usual steps I go through such as highlight recovery as well as Camera Raw. The recovery...
  10. V

I repeated the test with Phocus exporting a tif and Camera Raw exporting a tif. No other adjustments were made EXCEPT for white balancing on a white patch in Spyderchecker. Now differences are more apparent but they are subtle. I would much prefer to do as much processing in RAW than on the...
  11. V

Very late to this thread but now that I have a 100C I thought I would give Phocus a try. If there would be any color advantage I would consider using it exclusively - at least to generate an 'fff' file for further processing in camera raw. I ran a test shooting a DataColor Spyderchecker (light...
  12. V

Technical Camera Images

Just great, Dave!! How long and difficult are the hikes? Victor B.
  13. V

Technical Camera Images

It really is best on a pancake camera to shim the back so that all lenses focus beyond infinity. A hard stop infinity focus with a helical is something that can vary with temperature swings. If you happen to own any lens that has an infinity stop that cannot be adjusted on the lens( such as...
  14. V

Fun with MF images 2024

Always nice to see your images..... (y) Victor B.
  15. V

SOLD: Factory refurbished Alpa Max incl. box and accessories almost like new (EU)

Paul.... I think you have every right to be pissed!! I would sure be pissed! Hope everything works out well.... Victor B.
  16. V

What F-Stop range do you use

Really depends on the camera used. Tech for sure would require smaller apertures as the lenses, most of the time, were not designed for wide open usage but rather for shifting. But the Fuji 1.7 lenses really beg to be used at wide open apertures for that really shallow DOF. It's really great...
  17. V

Fun with MF images 2024

Thank you for your offer. It has been a while since I have used my 35XL as I have not had a DB. My 100C arrives today so I will revisit this to see what develops..... no pun intended.:) Victor B.
  18. V

Remounting lens in Copal

Paul...... do you have a web address for Greiner? Victor B.
  19. V

Fun with MF images 2024

Rod...... I should add that this was all on my 4150 at the time. Trying to focus the edges at f5.6 was very difficult because of the severe hazing and the fact the that focus point was very far compared to the center. Stopping down, of course, improved things. Any shifting exasperated the...