The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. David Duffin

How is the Image quality SMC Pentax-FA 645 45-85mm F4.5

Like Joe, I have no quarrel with the sharpness of the 45-85mm throughout its focal range. If I were to sell my 645 lenses this is the last I'd let go. It's indispensable.
  2. David Duffin

suggestions needed!

Dan, If the black lines appear in the same exact position each time you capture a frame I'd say, with all your trials and firmware replacement, that you've narrowed down the problem to a faulty back with a damaged sensor or associated circuitry. Yair should know, I'd send him a PM if you...
  3. David Duffin

Tricky art reproduction.

That sounds plausible to me, even brilliant, but leaves you with the silver/gold problem, LOL. To accomplish that properly you may need some Epson "interference ink" in your printer, which probably doesn't exist. But I know you're a great hand with processing, so maybe you could get a decent...
  4. David Duffin

Tricky art reproduction.

Dan the interference paint the artist has likely used is near-impossible to reproduce in a photo. One thing I've always wondered about though was what effect one could achieve by putting a lens in bulb mode in a totally dark room and lighting a painting from different angles during a single...
  5. David Duffin

Leica S replacement at Photokina

I suspect that Leica's undoubtedly significant investment in the design and inhouse manufacturing of the T-series -- CMOS, mirrorless, EVF, video, new UI technology -- likely portends the future direction of S development. Perhaps not at this Photokina, but I'll bet at the next one we'll see a...
  6. David Duffin

Arca vs. Linhof "Cubes"

Aha! I was unaware that an Arca-compatible plate can be used with the Linhof cube. Yes, I have the model with the QuickFix release, I believe the equivalent model to the one marketed by Alpa: ALPA of Switzerland - Manufacturers of remarkable cameras - ALPA/Linhof 3D Micro levelling head The...
  7. David Duffin

Arca vs. Linhof "Cubes"

I have both Arca and Linhof cubes but have abandoned the Linhof. It's smaller and maybe better-looking but the Linhof plates are a problem -- they come in only two sizes, neither size optimal for a tech cam. I've found the knobs to be non-intuitive and the super-fine adjustments slower to use...
  8. David Duffin

Behind the scenes

A wonderful shot, Dave, it no doubt made your trip worthwhile..
  9. David Duffin

Tech cameras ... thinking of joining the insanity

I have Alpa TC, STC, SWA, and have been busy with an FPS of late. My first tech cam was an ARCA Rm2d (rise/fall, shift, no tilt) which has been sitting on the shelf here for a year or two, but only because the Alpas tend to fit my hand and my camera case better. I primarily do landscape, with an...
  10. David Duffin

Tech cameras ... thinking of joining the insanity

If you're over Calgary way feel free to get in touch and drop by. I have a good selection of Alpa stuff and some Arca-Swiss you can get your hands on and see if either appeals to you... David
  11. David Duffin

Technical Camera Images

Dan, Congratulations on your obvious success and beautiful new venue -- look forward to more fabulous FPS shots -- David
  12. David Duffin

Praise for the amazing Alpa FPS?!

It's a safe bet that anyone that has one will agree. For me the combo of FPS, tilt adapter, IQ180, and new HR 90mm Alpagon can't be beat. Great human interface and a joy to use. And the sounds it emits are somehow extremely satisfying :)
  13. David Duffin

New Shooting Experience

Sorry -- foot in mouth yet again. I do enjoy all of your postings and your obvious skill!
  14. David Duffin

New Shooting Experience

You're right! At first I thought that the centre shutter blades on your FPS were sticking a bit but now it looks like a problem with the card :loco:
  15. David Duffin

Show us your Tech Cam

Dan, Not using the handstrap anymore? Maybe save it for your retirement. Hope you're enjoying the new FPS and its quicker shutter! :clap:
  16. David Duffin

Show us your Tech Cam

LOL, careful it doesn't tip, Gerald. Congratulations on getting the FPS! You're obviously having lots of fun with it.
  17. David Duffin

Technical Camera Images

Judging by the varying degree of perspective in the image, I'd say you are right, Bob.
  18. David Duffin

Technical Camera Images

Eric, That's an interesting concept, enabling concurrent tilt and swing. I presume that one was merely used as a spacer when you captured the lens image above... If you had the earlier Rodenstock 90mm on Alpa before this newer one, do you perceive much difference? I've had this 90mm Alpagon...
  19. David Duffin

Show us your Tech Cam

Yet another great shot, Dan. But cheer up, it's -21C here this morning.
  20. David Duffin

Bill, Next time you are visiting out this way, please drop me an email or give me a call if...

Bill, Next time you are visiting out this way, please drop me an email or give me a call if you're so inclined -- perhaps we can do some shooting together. I live just outside Calgary to the south. My address is [email protected]. It was fun for me viewing the images you caught at Morant's...