The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

GeorgeBo

I posted this first image in the Large Format Gear thread and thought I would post a behind the scenes here.

I received this Pacemaker Speed Graphic from a camera club friend of mine who acquired some old gear. This thing was in bad shape and was going to be thrown away. So with some elbow grease and paint and, lube and ... here it is.

I shot this with a weird combination, because I have a soft spot for old stuff that has been set aside. The gear used was a CFV 100C (ok that is not the old stuff part), with Cambo Actus and a Nikkor H·C 75mm f/2.8 for Bronica medium format lens. Bronica made a bellows attachment with movement for their S cameras so maybe the lens had that taken into context when designed?? So I figure what the hack. I made a Bronica S mount adapter out of a spare Cambo Actus lens board and here we are.

Use what you have or can make right?

Oh yeah don't make fun of my light on the right. It works LOL

George

B0000272.jpgNZ8_6983.jpgNZ8_6985.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I posted this first image in the Large Format Gear thread and thought I would post a behind the scenes here.

I received this Pacemaker Speed Graphic from a camera club friend of mine who acquired some old gear. This thing was in bad shape and was going to be thrown away. So with some elbow grease and paint and, lube and ... here it is.

I shot this with a weird combination, because I have a soft spot for old stuff that has been set aside. The gear used was a CFV 100C (ok that is not the old stuff part), with Cambo Actus and a Nikkor H·C 75mm f/2.8 for Bronica medium format lens. Bronica made a bellows attachment with movement for their S cameras so maybe the lens had that taken into context when designed?? So I figure what the hack. I made a Bronica S mount adapter out of a spare Cambo Actus lens board and here we are.

Use what you have or can make right?

Oh yeah don't make fun of my light on the right. It works LOL

George

Was the second image taken with the Speed Graphic? 😆