The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Starting to digitize B&W film with a Nex 7.

Nokton48

4x5 Norma 90mm F8 Skier 100mm F16 MC EI 160 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Shot with new Skier Pro 4x5 Holder Minolta SRT Copy Stand leveled carefully. Sony Nex 7 with Minolta SRT Automatic Bellows I, 100mm F4 MC Rokkor Automatic lens. Shot at F16, I think the detail is pretty good. I'm thinking of getting Negative Lab Pro, to invert the images to positives. Need Lightroom 6 or Classic to accept the LPR. I've also ordered a sheet of 8x10 Anti Newton Glass for digitizing 18x24cm and 8x10 inch negatives.

This is all very new to me. I have an archive of film I have not yet started to review. So it's a fairly big project. Appreciate helpful friendly comments :) I do want to repurpose what I can, but open to whatever ? Will be fun I think

Last edited:

Nokton48

Makiflex JLane 9x12 Glass Plate EI 1 Key Day by Nokton48, on Flickr

Jason Lane Dry Plate 9x12cm Makiflex Plate Adapter Makiflex Automatic Key Day Full Sun. Legacy Mic-X tray developed under safelight. I'm in the process of setting up a film digitizing setup Minolta SRT Copy Stand Minolta Bellows Minolta 100mm F4 MC Bellows Rokkor at F13.5. Sony Nex 7 with SRT Adapter.

I have quite a few 9x12cm and 6.5x9cm plates I need to shoot up. Scanning the glass plates is fun. Notice the flow marks from the coating process.

Nokton48

Zeiss Touit 2.8 50mm Nex 5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing the Sony Nex 7 with Zeiss Makro Planar 2.8/50 T* Minolta SRT Copy Stand about 1:1 reproduction. Skier Pro Copy Box used for illumination, ERA 100 D23 1:1 rated at EI 50. Minolta SRT100 with 85mm F1.7 MC Rokkor handheld. Resolution looks pretty good at this point. I like this new Zeiss Makro Planar.

Nokton48

Newport Aquarium Nex7 Zeiss Touit by Nokton48, on Flickr

A quick walk by shot Newport Aquarium. Light was low water cloudy. HP5+ Minolta SRT100 58mm F1.2 MC Rokkor. Rated at 1600 developed for 3200 D23 1:1. Nex 7 Zeiss 50mm F2.8 Touit Macro Planar T* E Mount Minolta SRT Copy Stand Multi Bubble Leveled everything F8 Going for max resolution

Grain looks very sharp so I am totally pleased. I think I am there!

Nokton48

Sony Nex 7 Zeiss 50mm F2.8 Touit Macro Planar by Nokton48, on Flickr

This lens is like looking through a fine microscope lens. Everything is corrected as I can tell, sharpness is amazing. Front element is very small, although it takes 52mm screw-ins. So I fitted an original MC Minolta 52mm Skylight, and an olde Minolta D52ND 52mm Lens Hood, perfect for this use. I'll be shooting 35mm to start, but I want to shoot up to 8x10" film also.