The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Arca-Swiss Rm3d - first impressions

yaya

Hello all, I've started a thread on LL about this new and interesting camera. Unfortunately this almost immediately turned into a Sinar Vs ALPA Vs Arca debate, which was not my intention in the first place. I hope we can stay on track here.

Anyway, here is a link to my thread. I will have more time to work with the camera in the next days and to get used to it's unique focusing and tilt mechanisms.

Arca-Swiss Rm3d LL discussion

As a first try i took a pic of our back garden, two A75S horizontals (+20mm and -5mm) stitched in CS3, 5% falloff correction applied to the raws in LC11.1:

And a piece from the stitched area with no sharpening applied:

Yair

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
How much and when is it available?
Does it support a phace back with a Mamiya mount?
thanks
-bob

yaya

Yair, your image looks a bit dark on my screen...
Hi David, could well be the the bottom one is slightly under exposed. I exposed for the sky and did not do any adjustments to the files. I can do it the right way and process them in LC11.1 before taking them into PS....

Later this afternoon, if I get a chance
Yair

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Bob,
I am working on getting pricing and availability asap on the above. Over the past two years I have heard the rumors and seen a few prototypes, now it is reality.
Looks promising.
I'll keep you posted.

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

PeterA

Lance - if I can use an H mount - tell me where to send a deposit. I want one of these babies.

Ben Rubinstein

Gosh, you can't half tell it's in London - pure drearyness! Yair, remember the day 3 weeks ago in London when it rained a months rain in one afternoon? I was shooting an outdoor Chupa in that in Stamford Hill, not fun. It's almost freezing here in Jerusalem, I'm going out to photograph in the Old City and putting on a sweater it's so cold at 26 degrees.... :ROTFL:

yaya

Lawrie Hope at Peartree here in London has already got the prices for the body, lenses and all the accessories. Feel free to contact him:
Peartree contact details

Mine came with H and M mounts, there's also V and C with an AFi mount being tested today.

And it's 32ºc here right now...English summer (when there is one...) is just beautiful!

Yair

BJNY

Yair,
Shouldn't the semi-circle locking latch make for quick interchange
between ground glass and digital back (already on dedicated mount/plate)?

yaya

Yair,
Yes it's exactly the same mounting system as on all other Arca cameras. I know quite a few architecture shooters who use the F-Metric with this mount as they feel the sliding back adds extra weight+bulk: Dennis Gilbert, Edmund Sumner, Peter Cook, Richard Bryant to name a few...

Yair

yaya

Yair,
Yes it's exactly the same mounting system as on all other Arca cameras. I know quite a few architecture shooters who use the F-Metric with this mount as they feel the sliding back adds extra weight+bulk: Dennis Gilbert, Edmund Sumner, Peter Cook, Richard Bryant to name a few...

Yair

J

JEM_DTG

For those interested, below is short-list of ARCA-SWISS R-Line pricing, including the body, accessories, Schneider Kreuznach APO-Digitar lenses, and Rodenstock / Linos APO-Sironar Digital HR's. There are numerous other options available for this camera, aside from the digital-specific one's listed. However, the list is rather exhaustive, and too long to post. Feel free to contact me with questions.

ARCA-SWISS R-Line:

No. 017069 ARCA-SWISS Rm3d black Camera body incl. Groundglass screen and Fresnel Lens $5,530
No. 017045 ARCA-SWISS Rl3d black Camera body incl. Groundglass screen and Fresnel Lens $6,510
No. 161008 Vario Finder (Rm3d and Rl3d) Vario Finder 120° (24-210mm) $1,330
E-Module Electronic leveling Aid and distance metering - pricing TBA (approx. $1500)

Rodenstock / Linos APO-Sironar Digital HR / R -bayonet
4.5/28mm Copal - incl. lensboard, mask, focus drum and calibration - $6,252
4.5/28mm Copal Press - incl. lensboard, mask, focus drum and calibration - $6,296
4/35mm Copal - incl. lensboard, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,702
4/35mm Copal Press - incl. lensboard, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,745
4/60mm Copal - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,221
4/60mm Copal Press - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,263
4/100mm Copal - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,136
4/100mm Copal Press - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,179
5.6/180mm Copal - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,934
5.6/180mm Copal Press - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $4,103
** Copal Press shutters not recommended when used with flash equipment

Schneider Kreuznach APO-Digitar / R -bayonet
5.6/24mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,531
5.6/35mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,709
2.8/28mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, mask, focus drum and calibration - $3,179
5.6/47mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,673
4.0/60mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,212
5.6/72mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,776
4.0/80mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,225
5.6/80mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,519
4.5/90mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,136
5.6/100mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,411
5.6/120mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,268
5.6/120mm Macro Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,660
5.6/150mm Copal 0 - incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $2,743

Mounting-cost for existing Lenses
F= 24-35mm incl. lensboard, mask, focus drum and calibration - $910
F= 38-210mm incl. lensboard, extension tube, mask, focus drum and calibration - $1,078

Regards,

Jordan E. Miller
Digital Technology Group, Inc.
(813) 889-0660 office
(800) 681-0024 toll free
(813) 888-9680 fax
(813) 507-9173 mobile
[email protected]
www.DTGweb.com