The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase1 XF - RRS L Plate

aztwang

FYI...I spoke with Really Right Stuff today regarding them producing an L plate for the new XF body. As they were not aware of the new body they requested those who would like an L plate for the XF to contact RRS @ [email protected] andlet them know this is a product you would like to see available so they can see if there is a large enough audience to justify production

Ciao

Don Libby

Look closely at the product shoot from Phase showing a lineup of three bodies. The XF on the far right seems too be wearing a L bracket.

steve_cor

According to the specs, the width is about the same. Depending on the placement of the tripod socket, the current one might already fit the new camera.

(W x H x D)

645DF+ 153 x 128 x 184 mm
......XF 152 x 135 x 160 mm

--Steve.

Altdo

The XF is built to honor legacy accessories (save for electrically integrated components). It even has the Mamiya Legacy "dimples" on the bottom.
The existing L Bracket fits just fine, no need for a new one.

Digitalcameraman

Here's the pic

Don, I think that bracket on the Phase One XF is the Phase One L bracket they manufacture. We do believe we confirmed that it fit the XF, so that means there is one currently available for the XF already, complete with a nice handstrap and a Phase One logo.

kdphotography

As I recall, RRS actually makes the L-bracket for Phase One. The RRS version does not have the pretty etched logo. RRS also sells the Camdapter hand strap---the same one that Phase uses on their L-bracket. :)

Assuming this is the same bracket shown on the XF, I'll place bets that the Flex L Plate won't be a problem on the XF either.

ken

aztwang

As I recall, RRS actually makes the L-bracket for Phase One. The RRS version does not have the pretty etched logo. RRS also sells the Camdapter hand strap---the same one that Phase uses on their L-bracket. :)

Assuming this is the same bracket shown on the XF, I'll place bets that the Flex L Plate won't be a problem on the XF either.

ken
What is a Flex L pLate?

Digitalcameraman

Wayne, we have both the XF camera body and the Smart Flex Plate in house at Capture Integration. I have Anthiny tested that on Monday and report back.

Steve Hendrix

We have L Brackets from RRS, Phase One, and SmartFlex in our inventory (the RRS L Bracket is the legacy version).

I tried all 3 on the XF Camera today, and they all seem to fit and function perfectly fine.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

L Brackets 1.jpg

Paul2660

What advantages to the Smart Flex? What do the knobs allow for? I assume that is the bracket in the picture?

Thanks
Paul

Sunchai

What advantages to the Smart Flex? What do the knobs allow for? I assume that is the bracket in the picture?

Thanks
Paul
Thank you Paul, The priority of the smart Flex is = to keep the lens at the same place (perspective ,composition unchanged)
when switching from Horizontal to Vertical or V to H. and as the camera plate is move able,
this enable to find The Nodal point for panoramic shooting.
You may like to see the link for more information:http://kse.co.th/360/D800.html
Thanks
Sunchai.:)