The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rdeloe

1. rdeloe

Generative landscape art – a (horror) vision of the future of photography?

I read a comment about generative AI for text recently that made me chuckle. "Why should I bother reading something that nobody could be bothered to write?" What's the photographic equivalent of that sentiment? "Why should I bother looking at a photograph of nothing that nobody made?"
  2. rdeloe

Ageing photographers and the weight. Simplicate and add lightness.

I hear you, but it's "down" as in "down a size". There's no implied negative connotation. This morning I was looking at some of the work I did with that X-T2 and a tilt-shift adapter with Olympus OM lenses. Objectively, I think it's still some of the best work I've done with any format (film...
  3. rdeloe

Fun with MF images 2024

The 16:9 aspect ratio works well for this one. Nicely done.
  4. rdeloe

Tripod Leveling with Legs

Honestly, that describes so many situations in life! ;)
  5. rdeloe

Thanks, but am I missing something or is that not the exact method that Matt described in his text and drawings to start this thread?
  6. rdeloe

Fuji's tour de force

That's a very positive review from Michael Clark. Thanks for sharing.
  7. rdeloe

I entered digital seriously with a Sony A7. Like you, I switched down a size to a Fuji X-T2. I made this decision because with APS-C I could use 35mm lenses and a tilt-shift adapter to have movements. What sealed the deal for me was making 17" x 25" prints with the X-T2 and comparing them to...
  8. rdeloe

Fungus in my sensor

I have to be honest Sean, I'm not sure what I was trying to say there! ;) What would have made sense is "It doesn't look like any fungus I've seen on lenses." I've never seen fungus on a lens I bought new, but I have very few of those. I've seen fungus on lots of lenses for sale from Asia. I...
  9. rdeloe

Behind the picture: share your thinking

I'm trying not to clog up the thread with too many responses because it will be better if it's mostly posts from people with examples... but (1) this I really like -- nicely done; and (2) I think you might enjoy the work of a Canadian photographer named Ned Pratt. His book, One Wave, has a lot...
  10. rdeloe

Sean from Canada

Welcome Sean. It's always nice to see new members from Canada.
  11. rdeloe

Will you be getting Capture One Studio?

I really do like this about Lightroom: everyone gets the same upgrade. Hopefully Adobe doesn't decide that what Capture One is doing is a good idea!
  12. rdeloe

Every time Matt makes a post like this, I regret not paying more attention in math class!
  13. rdeloe

This is really useful! I've always used Method 1. Method 2 is way better.
  14. rdeloe

Excellent! Whew. Another nice thing about FLM is Ari, the North American rep. He's terrific and will take care of you if there are any issues. He's also a member on this forum.
  15. rdeloe

Behind the picture: share your thinking

Here’s an example to start the thread. I’ve walked and driven past this scene often. It’s the end point of a quick walk I’ll take during the day to get a break, and it’s on the way to and from the office. Every day, thousands of people drive and walk by this spot. This isn’t a photograph I’m...