The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by abruzzi

1. A

stiff Cambo sliding back

they actually got back to me fairly quickly, and reccomended the lithium grease after a thourough cleaning. I've been using acetone that that seems to have already loosend it up significantly. there is one part I can't get to without disassembly, but I'm a little hesitant to go in there since...
  2. A

stiff Cambo sliding back

I haven't checked with Cambo yet, I should, it does look to be a current product. I'm so used to gear from companies that don't exist anymore, I always expect to have to solve problems myself.
  3. A

stiff Cambo sliding back

I got a Cambo sliding back--everything seems in great condition except sliding it is very stiff, like its lubricated with 50 year old Agfa grease. (if you've never owned and tried to focus an old Agfa Billy you probably don't get the reference...) I'm not sure the best solution except maybe...
  4. A

Can’t remove back on Linhof

That will work on later models (v4 and later I believe.) If you have an earlier model, you start by rotating the back 45 degrees. That will expose a sliding plate on all four exposed corners. Slide each plate away from the center, and the back should come off easily. Later models replaced it...
  5. A

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

the trick is most of those setups were designed in the film days for copying slides, so they work best with the same size sensor, APS-C cameras can be problematic--they need a longer lens than 50 and frequently may not be able to focus correctly. But for full frame they work well, and are best...
  6. A

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

I use a Pentax macro bellows with a 50mm macro lens and a full frame pentax (K-1ii) to scan 35mm. it works quite well and I can scan a 36 exposure roll in about 20 minutes.
  7. A

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

My first attempt at "astro" photography. The glow in the distance is Moab. K1ii, Pentax-A 35mm ƒ2.8
  8. A

Analog Film SW ISO Evening Night

xtol is the Kodak developer, mixed at 1 part xtol to 2 parts water, developed for 20 minutes at 75 degrees fahrenheit. If you don't develop your own film, you may be able to ask the lab depending on what chemicals they have available.
  9. A

Analog Film SW ISO Evening Night

technically Delta 3200 and TMax P3200 are closer to ISO 1000, but are designed to be pushed to 3200. I've shot a fair amount of Delta 3200 (never TMax P3200, since its not available in 120, and I rarely shoot 35mm anymore.). I've handheld at night, with my camera set to 1/30 and ƒ2.8 or ƒ2.4...
  10. A

What is this and where can I get more?

that is what its for. You can get similar and different designs on eBay., for example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125935115727
  11. A

Hasselblad x2d with Arca Swiss Rotafoot questions

FYI, there is a specific version of the Rotafoot for the F-classic and F-Metric cameras. I don't know exactly what's different, but probably height. Since the Universalis has the rise/fall mechanism on the bearer while the F-classic/metric has it on the format frame, when you replace the rear...
  12. A

IPhone Photos

I was trying to capture the shot from Vertigo where Kim Novak jumps into the bay, but instead of a clear sunny day, I got this (iPhone 13 mini): (I had a half day free in San Francisco, so I went looking for locations from Vertigo.) the original:
  13. A

Bicycles of all Types

in that AI image on the previous page, i love how the AI doesn't realize that you're supposed to see through the wheels to the things behind. Instead they're portals to another dimension.
  14. A

A little film ... Kodak Retina IIc

I have the IIIC, and the Retina-Xenon is one of my favorite lenses for 35mm. I just bought a Retina-Xenon ƒ2.8 transplanted in a Copal #0 and I'm going to see if it covers 44x33.
  15. A

Fun with MF images 2023

I once read Bertrand Russel's Principia Mathmatica and about half way through, over 300 pages in, he finally comes to "From this proposition it will follow [...] that 1 + 1 = 2."