The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Arjuna

Mountain Pics

Yes, Mt. Temple.
  2. Arjuna

Printing on Epson SC P800 Setting Paper

Thank you. I didn't know that changing the feeder would make a difference.
  3. Arjuna

Printing on Epson SC P800 Setting Paper

For my Epson P600, on a Mac, under Media Type (= Medium on your screen shot), there is an option 'Fine Art Paper', which then has several sub-options, including 'Watercolor Paper - Radiant White'. On my computer, at the moment, that option, and others e.g. Velvet Fine Art Paper, are greyed...
  4. Arjuna

Good free photo editing programs

Agreed, re: Phocus. I believe that it uses Apple system routines to open non-Hasselblad raw files, so some 'raw' tools, e.g. Recovery, Shadow Fill, Clarity, Lens Corrections, colour profiles, are greyed out, i.e. not available. Other tools: EV, Contrast, Brightness, White Balance, Sharpness...
  5. Arjuna

Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

I am on a Mac, running Monterey (macOS 12.6.7), and Phocus 3.7.3 (updated just now). I imported a raw (.3FR) file to Phocus (which converted it to .fff), made some adjustments, and exported it as a tiff. In the macOS Finder, for the .tif file, it shows the (file) created and modified dates as...
  6. Arjuna

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

This reminded me of some other arches. April 5, 2017. Leica T, Vario-Elmar 18-56 mm, at 56 mm, f 5.6, 1/160 sec., ISO 250. Under the aqueduct near Nanzen-ji, Kyoto.
  7. Arjuna

Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S Photos and Discussions

I prefer the version you posted. When it is flipped horizontally, to me it feels as if the tree is falling down to the right, unpleasantly. The tree and its shape are not quite vertical, visually, but it is interesting that it looks/feels differently depending upon the direction. Thank you for...
  8. Arjuna

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

Looks kind of like San Giorgio Maggiore, to me, being on the (East) end of Giudecca, so you can get that kind of view. Further back(West) along Giudecca is Il Redontore, by the vaporetto stop of the same name, which has a similar facade fronting the canal. I am not familiar with the Monastero...
  9. Arjuna

Solved: A lens that will AF on the X1D but won't on the X2D

There is firmware 0.6.0 for the lens. My copy is dated October 29, 2020. It is somewhat difficult to find on the Hasselblad website. It doesn't seem to show under firmware, but rather under 'My Hasselblad', then Downloads. It has been a while, but I think that you put the downloaded file (~.cim)...
  10. Arjuna

X2D + new lenses: first impressions

The GPS in my (Apple) cellphone works fine when there is no cell connection. I am usually out of cell range when I am hiking in the Rockies near me, and with the Gaia app, and pre-loaded maps, I can see my location on a contour map at any time.
  11. Arjuna

Artful pics of flora...

July 27, 2022, Sunshine Meadows, near Banff: Western Anemones, still in flower form, which is unusual this late in the year: perhaps they were covered in snow until recently, with this year’s late spring...
  12. Arjuna

Thoughtful pics of fauna...

A picture of a thoughtful fauna, perhaps: 2022-08-05%20B0001295%20marmot%20on%20the%20edge%20above%20Helen%20Lake%20by%20rimacdonald,%20on%20Flickr'][/URL] A marmot, on the edge of the ridge above Helen Lake, Banff National Park.
  13. Arjuna

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Carl In this picture of the purple martin, I see patches with a very weird patterned noise, above the bird and slightly right, and below the bird and slightly left. Were you aware of them? Are they an artifact from some part of your processing? Something on your lens? I don't see them in your...
  14. Arjuna

Hasselblad lens for tabletop/product

I was replying to P. Chong's post.
  15. Arjuna

Hasselblad lens for tabletop/product

Although there are no native tubes, Fotodiox makes Hasseblad X system macro extension tubes: https://fotodioxpro.com/collections/macro-devices-accessories/camera-mount_hasselblad-xcd
  16. Arjuna

Macro and X1D

Main Menu (button with three horizontal lines), Exposure (optionally Camera Settings (Camera icon)-> Exposure, scroll to Shutter Function, set Electronic Shutter on (check mark in box).
  17. Arjuna

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Assuming that it is the same as an X1D, if you open it in Phocus, the crop is honoured, but the file has the full sensor image. This allows you to adjust the crop during post-processing. I presume that the crop is written in the file metadata, which Phocus recognizes, but other software doesn't.
  18. Arjuna

WTB Sekonic L-208 Light meter

I have an unused Sekonic L-308S, if that would work.
  19. Arjuna

For some reason, I am unable to view the image mentioned.

That is a post from 2012: eight years old. Probably the image was posted to a hosting site like flickr, and then the getDpi post linked to it there, and now the link no longer works: the image may have been removed from the hosting site, or the particular hosting site may no longer exist.
  20. Arjuna

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

Ben I think that “kip in blik” (canned chicken) is slang for a policeman in a (police)car.