The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad lens for tabletop/product

Atracksler

Looking to expand to a tabletop/product shot lens.

On my Sony system, I find myself using the 90mm macro and the 24-105 f4.

What would be a good equivalent lens for the H series?

docholliday

For tabletop work, I'm either with the 100/2.2 and tube(s) or the 120/4 Macro. When working with jewelry or extreme details, I'm on the 120 + tube(s). On the Canon FF system, I'm either using 100 Macro, 180 Macro, or 90 TS-E.

If you really need control, get the HTS to add and you'll be set for almost anything.

P. Chong

I use mainly the HC 4/120 and HC 2.8/80 with H28 for watch photography. If I need more magnification have the H28 and H52 tubes on the 120. Usually on their own, but stacked the extension will yield nearly 2X magnification. The HTS 1.5 work well with the 80 with tubes as well. On the X system, unfortunately, I find the XCD 4/120 goes only 0.5X, with no native tubes. Of course, adapting H lenses and tubes work.

Last edited:

stngoldberg

So here is what I do!
i use the HC 120mm with a rail and stack the images.
I also use the cannon 1.5 magnifying filter when applicable which is remarkable due to its lack of distortion (unfortunately it is not offered for sale any longer).
I recently purchased a set of Polaroid magnifying filters, but have not used them yet
The 120mm with the rail using live view to focus at each shutter accentuation yields unbelievable detailed images
stanley

robmac

Disclaimer: I have a HC 120 Macro Mk II (improved version of the film-era 120M) for sale (see listing).

The ideal H solution is the 120M Mk II. It offers 1:1 out of the box, can use tubes to go beyond 1:1 and is very, very sharp. The 2nd version of the 120M is sharper and has much less CA at macro distances, especially on out of focus highlights.

We have the HC 50 MkII (a stellar) lens and the hard to find Hasselblad Macro Converter H (the latter designed to vastly improve the 50II's performance at close distance) works great, but it limits your focus distance to 1-3'.

Tubes on a non-macro lens can work, but most lenses are not designed for best performance at such close distances - and they limit focus distance of course.

stngoldberg

the Above stacked image was compromised of 43 shots on a rail with an Elinchrom flash stacker on Helicon
stanley