The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

907x 100c display screen contrast and magenta cast.

Tashat

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a 907x 100c, love the camera so far but the camera screen calibration is really off.
The screen is so much more contrasty than real life and other cameras I have used showing no detail in any shadows and blown out whites vs the RAW images once transferred to the computer. The screen also has a very strong magenta shift, which when shooting anything white such as a white interior is really hard to deal with. Does everyone else have this problem? I’ve tried tethering to Phocus and the camera screen is so different to what shows on my Mac Studio display, iPhone and MacBook Pro which are perfectly white balanced and show a lot more detail and less contrast.

As there is no way to calibrate the screen or create a flatter shooting profile I am left feeling rather frustrated. I would post examples but I can not photograph it accurately only having an iPhone or film cameras.

The X2D has a much superior screen.
As seen in this review, the reviewer is also disappointed with the magenta cast and contrast compared to the X2D screen.

Watch from 13:30 mins

Would love to hear your thoughts, I assume for most people this wouldn’t be an issue. I can of course go off the histogram and hope that the final product of what I’m shooting will look good. But for the high price of the camera and many inferior cameras having more accurate displays I don’t think it unreasonable.

Would love an update with the screen to be correctly calibrated but would need more people to also report on this issue.

vjbelle

I found your question interesting so having recently purchased a CFV 100C I tested it against my Fuji 100 II and my Sony 7RM5. There are color differences and some contrast differences but nothing I would consider out of the norm. When compared to an image brought into Bridge the image on the LCD screen looks fairly similar to what I see on my MBP M1. I have no annoying cast and contrast closely mimics what I see on my computer.

Victor B.

Tashat

I found your question interesting so having recently purchased a CFV 100C I tested it against my Fuji 100 II and my Sony 7RM5. There are color differences and some contrast differences but nothing I would consider out of the norm. When compared to an image brought into Bridge the image on the LCD screen looks fairly similar to what I see on my MBP M1. I have no annoying cast and contrast closely mimics what I see on my computer.

Victor B.
Thanks Victor, that’s really helpful. Perhaps there was a batch of cameras where the screen was off as the guy in the review has the same issue. Keep an eye out for it when you shoot anything white, please let me know if you do notice it. Shame I don’t know anyone with the 907x 100c to directly compare and they have no display units in Australia.