The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 23 for Mac: is it safe ?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I guess I haven't tried C1 for a long time. Version 22 crashes on launch on my laptop. Is this something that v23 is supposed to fix? OTOH, I just upgraded my OS, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The sad thing is reading that the upgrade brought someone's studio to a halt. Upgrading without testing when your livelihood depends on the software is like not keeping any backups or going to a shoot with only one camera. I feel sorry for the person, but it's a strong cautionary tale.

algrove

With every C1 upgrade I am asked if I want to keep or erase previous version. So everyone has the option to keep previous version until such time as when the latest version works without issues.
BTW I have been using 2023 for 2-3 weeks now on a studio without issue.

k-hawinkler

Well Capture One 23 for Mac sucks on Ventura.
Changing ratings or deleting many files with one command seems buggy As hell.
WTF!

bab

doesn't copy over your catalogue's 23 doesn't recognized where there stored hmm! should be automatic lame?