The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone

Helsinki

DSCF1064_Panorama_web.jpg

Fuji GFX100s, Planar 80, 2 Image Stitch - it became somewhat an experiment about how good the Planar is wide open, since it seems I forgot to stop it down. Quite respectable performance at 2.8, shifted by about 10mm :) Next time again with more conventional f8.

Last edited:

cunim

My idea of MF fun is exploring component capabilities. Yes, I'm a gearhead. The formidable Phase 120/f4 M LS is on my plate for the moment, and that lens does not disappoint.

First image is a brick wall shot, taken at 9.5M from the camera. At F4, DOF is very narrow. For example, if the top of the brick is sharp, the deep mortar groove is not.

Magic can happen with this lens. 120mm combined with the large IQ4 sensor provides lovely backgrounds, even at F4,. The little table is at 1.6M from the camera, and is rendered from 32 images. Tack sharp subject. Dreamy.background. Now, if I can just figure out how to make an image that is more than a technical exerrcise....

wall1.jpg

wall2.jpg

Last edited:

vjbelle

One evening in Yellowstone we took Dunraven Pass to cut across to Lamar Valley to see the wildlife at sunset, it is a beautiful drive if you find yourself there.

GFX100s 250mm 3 image pan
View attachment 204762
Greg.... you put that lens to great use! It's the perfect focal length for that scene and the compression works great. You're making me finally pull the trigger.....

Victor B.

Greg Haag

Greg.... you put that lens to great use! It's the perfect focal length for that scene and the compression works great. You're making me finally pull the trigger.....

Victor B.
Thank you Victor, I used the 250 often on this trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.