The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Warren, I'm now afraid my credit card will force itself out of my pocket when I eventually see a 30mm T/S available for sale.... I have the X2D system but the 30mm is so tempting it may force me to buy into the Fuji system just for the T/S lenses... nice work.
For me, it's a matter of pride. I left the Fuji GF system recently, despite its optics, some of which are uniquely superior (250/4 anyone?). Maybe when the Hassy 100MP DB comes out I'll find an excuse to go back to tech cameras. And I'd like a pony, too.

peterm1

Nice images! Do you use the in camera crop mode? I'm finding that I really like using it on the Fuji. It helps with composition. If you are shooting RAW then it is easy to tweak afterwards if needed.
Thanks! I use the Xpan crop mode often on the X2D, and sometimes just crop in Lightroom instead. In this case I wasn't close enough to Manhattan to get the crops I wanted using the in camera crop modes so I did it in Lightroom afterwards.

I set one of my custom buttons (the one on the front of the camera) to switch between crop modes to access them quickly. I love how you can just select the crops you want as the available options - I set it to just have the 1:1 and Xpan crops available.

sj2w1

Warren, I'm now afraid my credit card will force itself out of my pocket when I eventually see a 30mm T/S available for sale.... I have the X2D system but the 30mm is so tempting it may force me to buy into the Fuji system just for the T/S lenses... nice work.
Have you considered using the HTS with H lenses.