The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

My rescue orchid is plugging forward on opening blossoms ... #5 opened late Sunday and was ready to photograph yesterday. #6 just opened this morning ... Have to get the camera out again. And #7 will likely be in a day or two.

From a nearly dead stick to a beautiful flowering orchid, it makes me happy. :)

Five Blossoms-Sixth Opening (B&W)

Five Blossoms-Sixth Opening

Both made with:
Hasselblad 500CM, CFVII 50c, & CF Sonnar 180mm f/4 lens
ISO 400 @ f/16 @ 1 second (approximately)

What's your preference in rendering?

enjoy, G
Both lovely but I prefer the color version.

dj may

Two years on and the war on Ukraine continues. San Gimignano stands with Ukraine. As an American, who has been living in Europe since 2005, I am aware of how my most of my countrymen are out of touch with the dangers of this war. I have been doing pro bono business consulting with Ukrainian business; maybe I will do a photography project also.8B30E7F6-D5D5-4187-89E0-68C0E2D9F28F.jpeg
Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Two years on and the war on Ukraine continues. San Gimignano stands with Ukraine. As an American, who has been living in Europe since 2005, I am aware of how my most of my countrymen are out of touch with the dangers of this war. I have been doing pro bono business consulting with Ukrainian business; maybe I will do a photography project also.View attachment 211040
Lovely town shot with a lovely lens - one doesn't see enough S 180 images.

We went there on our honeymoon 25 years ago - walk and eat your way through Tuscany. With all the walking, we managed not to gain TOO much weight! Yashica T4, as I recall.

Matt

DNN

This one is for Matt Grayson, who shared the idea of buying old wafers to play with macro lenses.
I have to admit I was blown away by the level of detail I could get from the HC120 (after careful alignment with the wafer).

Wafer_0005 by Sylvain BARTHOLOME, sur Flickr

I think you should be able to check the full size jpeg on Flickr if you want.
An old Rockwell International wafer - most likely a modem chip on an early process (few metal layers in this process). there are a few good ones (no dot from the tester) as well as the parametric test die. Was this a four inch wafer?
Don

dj may

Lovely town shot with a lovely lens - one doesn't see enough S 180 images.

We went there on our honeymoon 25 years ago - walk and eat your way through Tuscany. With all the walking, we managed not to gain TOO much weight! Yashica T4, as I recall.

Matt
We regularly visit this region; this is the 4th time. This trip, I used the S 180 quite a bit. Here is another.
F7CCD35E-7C4F-4988-81E2-9E835B73745A.jpeg