The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Lightroom Classic release - V 12.4 (6-13-23)

Rand47

Adobe keeps hitting it out of the park, IMO. In today's release (12.4) they've "fixed" (to my way of thinking) the curves panel that is available in the Develop Module and (more important) in masks. I was disappointed in my long anticipated addition of curves to masks, in that the concomitant increase in saturation along with contrast was way over the top. Now, when you are using an RGB curve (as opposed to either R G or B individually) there will appear at the bottom a "Refine Sat." slider. 100 is their current default in added saturation, and zero is no saturation added at all (like Luminosity mode in PS on a curves layer). Hurrah!

Also, now in the HSL panel, if you are using the tat tool, if you hold down Alt/Opt while adjusting it will gray out all but the color range being affected. Hurrah again.

And, there are also now the grain sliders for masks.

Nice going Adobe!

Rand

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Curves applied only to Luminance was one of Phocus's big advantages. I'm delighted that LR added it.