The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The king is dead...

P. Chong

Sigh...I still have and am sometimes shooting with my H3D-39, which was bought second hand by me some 14 years ago. Interestingly, the camera was originally bought from Professional Photo Resources in Atlanta. Salesperson was Steve Hendrix! I am trying to look for the original invoice.

tcdeveau

The H system was/is great. The OVF was phenomenal for sure, and I’ve got a lot of great memories wirh the H. Shame to see but I don’t think the news surprises anyone.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
If you are interested in an excellent copy, please PM me.
Thank you, but I think the XCD 135 fills that purpose. I just wasn't able to find a used one at a decent price for a while and so picked up the 150/3.2N to tide me over.
Matt

Steve Hendrix

Not sure where this falls on the sarcastic - real continuum. :cool:

Totally. But realistically, there is now limited availability on products that you can no longer source new but still have some passionate fans. I have a certified pre-owned H5X in my inventory today, and the price is higher than it was, say a month ago.

I don't think prices will go through the roof, but H system lenses, in particular, had been in a free fall, value-wise for the past several years. We may see at least a slight reversal of this trend.

Steve Hendrix/CI

MartinN

I am just waiting for that surge of interest in my Bronica system...any day now...
Well, there is Silvestri helping you. I doubt we will see more advanced H DBs.

Of course there is a small possibility tha Silvestri will work magic for my Mamiya Super and Pro TL.

jng

Not sure where this falls on the sarcastic - real continuum. :cool:
Totally. But realistically, there is now limited availability on products that you can no longer source new but still have some passionate fans. I have a certified pre-owned H5X in my inventory today, and the price is higher than it was, say a month ago.

I don't think prices will go through the roof, but H system lenses, in particular, had been in a free fall, value-wise for the past several years. We may see at least a slight reversal of this trend.

Steve Hendrix/CI
There's usually a grain of truth in statements made in jest. In any case, I agree with Steve. Time will tell. If price trends of Hasselblad V lenses are any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if perceptions of scarcity push prices of H-system components up, at least for the lenses which are readily adaptable on various crop sensor MF cameras.

John

ThdeDude

... still have some passionate fans. I have a certified pre-owned H5X in my inventory today, and the price is higher than it was, say a month ago.
First wanted to say something sarcastic but then I recalled the current asking prices for Schneider 120mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar Aspherical (perhaps best LF type 120mm lens ever made) and Fuji Fujinon C 600mm F/11.5 (excellent lens for 11x14").

Last edited: