The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Phase One Lenses

I’d say the Phase One 45mm f/2.8 AF lens does not have a leaf shutter. The first two on the list are not Schneider Kreuznach lenses.
  2. S

Phase One Schneider Kreuznach LS 80mm f/2.8 vs NON LS Lens

They do work on an XF. I’m just saying the old Mamiya 80mm AF lens is soft wide open, and just not sharp. It was designed for film and doesn’t hold up with our higher resolution backs. Also, it has no way to turn off auto focus. It doesn’t have any AF/MF clutch.
  3. S

This was the Mamiya lens before the leaf shutter lens came out. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/182423-REG/Mamiya_210_604_80mm_f_2_8_LENS_for.html What if you buy one of these Mamiya Lenses for the XF? Then you will be angry and throw it away. —Steve.
  4. S

This lens was available with the Mamiya name or the Phase One name. Other than that, they are the same.
  5. S

That’s the DF+, it has autofocus adjust. The DF doesn’t have it. You can buy a LensAlign, or make one yourself, or this one...
  6. S

The Schneider Kreuznach 80mm LS f/2.8 with the silver ring is a perfectly good lens. Be sure to do the focus trim because it will either front focus or back focus due to variation in manufacturing. The blue ring lenses are more consistent regarding that. The 80mm Mamiya lens before this was...
  7. S

SK 80mm LS lens

Martin, The autofocus doesn’t work. The auto exposure doesn’t work. The aperture dial doesn’t work. The stop down button doesn’t work. In manual exposure mode, you can select a shutter speed. The lens will stay wide open. Focus assist works. You can shoot this way. It works. I don’t think you...
  8. S

Anybody else here using RZ67 PRO IID?

In the RZ, one battery lasts all year. For a Phase One digital back, you could go through several batteries in one day. This battery is for all Phase One backs, and Leaf Credo. But not Leaf Aptus...
  9. S

Marchaers, You would also like the 140mm f/4.5 Macro Z lens. It's not just for macros; it's good for all distances. Including portraits. --Steve.
  10. S

Phase One is planning to add tethering for the IQ series backs to Capture One for iPad. I would wait for that rather than trying to make FireWire work. —Steve.
  11. S

Is this the one? https://www.ebay.com/usr/yi12cu?_trksid=p2047675.m145687.l151929 —Steve.
  12. S

Besides for the 75mm shift lens, there is another 75mm lens with a removeable 27.2mm Spacer. The tilt/shift adapter is also 27.2mm. Then you can shift and tilt at the same time. But with a digital back, 75mm is not wide angle like it was with film. There's a picture of one here: Mamiya...
  13. S

For shutter speeds of 1/30 or slower, you should use Mirror lock up. It will make your images sharper. You need to screw a cable release into the lens for that. To be fancy you could get the Mamiya RB/RZ Mirror-Up Double Cable Release. —Steve.
  14. S

Question: Phase One XF Gridded Focusing Screen

https://digitalback.com/collections/phase-one/products/phase-one-digital-back-focusing-screens?variant=37186533621909
  15. S

Phase One Capture Pilot - High Resolution Image Review?

Due to Wi-Fi being slow, and the file being large, they decided to only send enough pixels to fill the screen. You can choose an area to enlarge using pinch to zoom. Then, only enough pixels are sent to fill in the enlarged area with higher resolution. I think it will only enlarge to 100%...
  16. S

Mamiya 645 AFD battery insert

Yes, the 645 AFD uses the same battery insert as 645 AFDII and 645 AFDIII. There was an EJJI battery and EJJI charger where they changed the shape slightly, so a Phase One battery wouldn't fit in the EJJI charger. Both battery brands fit in the camera though. EJJI later stopped that with their...
  17. S

Mamiya 645 AFD battery insert

The batteries and charger are available at Capture Integration. https://digitalback.com/collections/phase-one-accessories This li-ion battery is much better than the insert with AA batteries. I recommend it. It actually helps prevent lock-ups and other issues with the 645 AFD. However, I...
  18. S

Tethering to come soon to Capture One mobile

Besides Capture One for iPad, is there any other app for iPad that can render Phase One files properly? The Apple iOS does not support the CCD sensor raw format. --Steve.
  19. S

Is this RZ67 Lensboard a Good Idea?

It says lensboard for RB67: Lens board for Mamiya RB67 lens adapt to 4X5 camera*RZ67 lens need remove 2pins On the RB, the timing for the shutter is in the lens. On the RZ, the timing for the shutter is in the camera body. I doubt your 4X5 camera will send the correct shutter open and close...
  20. S

H4D-50 vs H5D-50c Image Quality

Yes, the IQ3 100MP Trichromatic has a different CFA on the same sensor as the regular IQ3 100MP. But Anders Torger said he doesn't know of any like that in 2014. Phase One announced the IQ3 100MP Trichromatic in September 2017. Note that you guys started responding to an old thread. --Steve.