The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. dj may

Fun with MF images 2024

It is considered rude to offer a criticism when it is not requested.
  2. dj may

Fun with MF images 2024

We regularly visit this region; this is the 4th time. This trip, I used the S 180 quite a bit. Here is another. Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180
  3. dj may

Fun with MF images 2024

Two years on and the war on Ukraine continues. San Gimignano stands with Ukraine. As an American, who has been living in Europe since 2005, I am aware of how my most of my countrymen are out of touch with the dangers of this war. I have been doing pro bono business consulting with Ukrainian...
  4. dj may

Diffraction and Sensor Size

You missed the point.
  5. dj may

Behind the scenes

After reading the good comments about Hejnar Photo rails, clamps, etc. I decided to give them a try. Since I was visiting the U.S. November 2023, I ordered a variety of products that I could pick up while there. This setup consists of Hejnar horizontal rail, vertical rail and clamps. The...
  6. dj may

Diffraction and Sensor Size

Great post. I have not seen the effects of diffraction in any of my photos (maybe once squinting at a 100% view of a digital M with 28mm). Certainly never in a print. If I do not require depth of field I tend to shoot at f4.0-5.6 on the Leica S, depending on the lens. I have used f13 and f16...
  7. dj may

Digital medium format in 2024 – it's not dead!

There is misinformation here about the designated country of manufacture. One of my previous careers was in international business. In the countries with which I am familiar, country of manufacture is designated if more than 50% of the VALUE occurs in that country. That means parts and labor...
  8. dj may

Behind the scenes

In the "old days", this would be done with two exposures on one sheet of film. Now, it is done with two exposures, about thirty minutes apart, and then mimic the double exposure digitally. Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180
  9. dj may

Fun with MF images 2024

I post this every January 27. Leica S006, Summarit-S 70
  10. dj may

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

I do not get it. Please explain.
  11. dj may

Is there a quick release plate for the Leica S?

Take a look at hejnarphoto.com. There are several options, including assembling a horizontal rail with clamp and a vertical rail. I bought a bunch of his rails and clamps for multiple uses. Very good quality.
  12. dj may

Behind the scenes

I do, however not on the internet. I will be placing this image on my website soon, as well as other images from my 12 days in Tuscany. They will be 800 pixels on the long side, so not much different from this except for the added compression. I could add some crops if there is interest. It is...
  13. dj may

New MF camera from Gibellini

Paul, this looks like baiting from a troll, therefore I suggest ignoring it.
  14. dj may

Behind the scenes

Foggy morning in Tuscany Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180
  15. dj may

What do we want to see in the next generation of digital backs and MF cameras?

I am happy with the Leica S3; so happy that I no longer check out alternatives. However, I agree with @MGrayson that frame averaging would be a good addition for future cameras. In general, I think all manufacturers are missing the boat with respect to performance. Instead of more pixels...
  16. dj may

Digital medium format in 2024 – it's not dead!

It seems getdpi is morphing into dpreview.
  17. dj may

Perspective and Distortion

I enjoy making 180 degree and 360 degree view photos. It challenges the brain; or maybe I am distorted. 180 360
  18. dj may

Fun with MF images 2024

There is no whisky like whisky.
  19. dj may

Fun with MF images 2024

Priorities!😄
  20. dj may

Fun with MF images 2023

Happy New Year; out with the old and in with the new. Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180